Re: gtk2 on cygwin ( --with-gdktarget=win32, only )

Gerrit,
[...]
> I do always this before the build:
> $ autoreconf --install --force --verbose
[...]

A good trick (autotools method ?) to keep in mind.
Anyway, having the stuff working after over 2 months digging, now I turned
to test some apps :)) (which, by the way, are just a few -- most of gtk2 apps
are "gnomed" or at least libgnomecanvas and/or libgnomeprint dependant).

[...]
> this takes also care of missing/outdated helper scripts, also you don't
> apply the patches to Maekfile.in but to Makefile.am then.
>
> My glib-2.0 and gtk+-2.0 et.al. are available for download now:
> http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/gtk+/

[...]

Oh, please do not! My whole fuss was to find out "how are they doing this?!"
(something similar with what happened when linux world migrated from libc5
to "glibc2 a.k.a. libc6"; but that's history already :)

SLao