Re: emacs locksup win98se

Graham Lamont wrote:

$ emacs-nox
from an rxvt running bash
I get sporadic lock-up of all keyboard input for the whole desktop
(inc alt-tab,c-a-del) for 3-5 s at a time.
Is this a known issue? Any way round it ?
Prefer not to use X as this is vslow on my machine.

I use win98se at home on the laptop without problems, though I don't use rxvt. There are no problems that I know of. Make sure that you have "tty" in your CYGWIN environment variable. You might also want to make sure that you have the latest emacs for Cygwin, and as a last resort perhaps upgrade your Cygwin. -- Joe Buehler