RE: php-mysql-cygwin how to - have_crypt = YES ? have_openssl? mysqld under cygwin?

Could you please check in this mysql client you compiled with "show
variables;" whether the "have_crypt" and the "have_openssl" are "NO" or
"YES".
If "YES", you might be able to get state-of-the art password verification
working in mysql under windows too!
see the use of the "encrypt()"  as per http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=784.

mysql> update TBL_USER set password= encrypt('holderio', '$1$saltsalt$')
where login= 'ameyer';
mysql> select encrypt( 'holderio', password) = password from TBL_USER where
login='ameyer';

P.S.: hopefully this solves it and we won't have to wait for the first
successful compilation of mysqld under cygwin.