Re: cygwin 1.5.0-1 managed mount bug (?)

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 03:23:44PM +0200, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
>I just downloaded the new Cygwin for testing - cygcheck output is
>available at
>
>http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/cygcheck.out
>af795066e634db97201a98fdb1a974d4 *cygcheck.out
>
>and did this:
>
>$ mkdir c:/foo
>$ mkdir /foo
>$ mount -o managed c:/foo /foo
>$ cd /foo
>$ touch hello
>$ touch Hello
>$ touch aux
>$ ls
>%61ux  Hello  hello
>
>the bug is obvious (I think) but in case I need to spell it out, the
>result of ls should have been
>aux    Hello  hello
>
>There seems to be a slight problem with the mangling/demangling of the
>name.

You're right.  I know exactly what the problem is.

Can I make my usual grumble that this feature was available in the last
three snapshots?  It is a real shame that snapshots are so
underutilized.  If this had been noticed previously, I would have fixed
it prior to release.

Snapshots always reflect the current state of development of cygwin.
If you are interested in playing with them, then there is no need to
wait until a release.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.