Re: development under 1.5.0 ?s

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 02:33:09PM -0500, Brian Ford wrote:
>Could Corinna, or someone else knowledgeable, help me clear up some
>issues with respect to development under 1.5.0?  If I should just
>wait for the (forth coming?) posting to cygwin-apps, just say so.
>Thanks.

If you want to use 1.5.0, the safest thing to do is recompile everything
with the current headers and libraries.  Anything which uses off_t, uid_t,
gid_t, blkcnt_t, dev_t, or ino_t is affected.  This obviously includes
structures such as 'struct stat' which use these types.

IMO, this falls into the better safe than sorry rule.  Things should work
fine with old headers and old libraries.  If you want to move to the
new system, it is safer to rebuild everything.

Obviously, once you move to 1.5.0, you won't be able to go back, but
that's not really any different than most cygwin releases.

cgf