Re: cygwin on Windows 2003...

Hello,

I am sorry, if I have lead to further confusions. Let
me explain everything all over again

1. I am using openssh 2.5.2p2 and cygwin 1.3.1 using
passwordless authentication with sshd running in
SYSTEM context. I have been using this combination for
years on Windows 2000 and it works fine.

2. I tried the same combination of Windows 2003. Here
the SSH connection gets established. I don't get any
permission denied errors. However, when I ssh to the
box it fails with the error.

c:\bin\bash.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for
cygwin's heap (0x24B0000) in child, cygheap, Win32
error 0

3. I fixed the cygwin heap problem by putting the
cygwin1.dll from 1.3.22. After this, when I ssh to the
box, I get the "Permission denied
(publickey,password,keyboard-interactive)." error.

4. Next, if I run the "sshd.exe" by interactively
logging onto the system as Administrator, then, I am
able to SSH to the box without any problems.

So, now, I have two questions

1. If I upgrade to latest version of openssh, will
this solve my problem? Will I be able to run sshd as a
service running in SYSTEM context with password less
authentication and be able to establish ssh connection

2. If I don't upgrade to latest version of openssh, is
there any way workaround to be able to run sshd as a
service in SYSTEM context with password less
authentication and be able to establish ssh connection

Thanks.
-Prasad

--- Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com>