Can't get ssh to forward X packets

Hi,
My name is Jeff.  I recently started a new job that gave me a Win2K box to ssh
into the various unix environments to do my work.  The box came with SecureCRT
on it, and it works fine.  I prefer to use the cygwin environment so I set it
up on my workstation, and it seems to work fine as well, except for two
issues, one of which is the question of this posting.

Whenever I ssh into my dev linux boxes, wishing to have X packets forwarded
back to my local Xserver on my workstation, it doesn't seem to be working
through ssh on Cygwin.  It does, however, work with SecureCRT.  I just set up
Cygwin in June, so all the packages are up-2-date.  And I've been using it for
a long time at other jobs, and at home, and the X forwarding via ssh always
works, but not this time.  I've even tried re-installing the ssh package, but
no changes.  When looking at the verbose output, no mention of X forwarding at
all.  I know I'm doing it correctly:
   ssh -X username@host
... and I do log in successfully, but there's never a $DISPLAY variable set on
the remote host, as there should be.  When I check $DISPLAY when logging in
with SecureCRT, I can see it just fine, and X forwards perfectly.  So, the
OpenSSH server is not the issue.  I've even tried setting my ~/.ssh/config
file to have 'ForwardX11 yes', still nothing.  I've tried it using interactive
and passive logins, etc., still no change.

The older versions of Cygwin I've ran in the past always forwarded X
seamlessly, not sure why the most recent install won't.  Anyone have any
ideas?

Thanks in advance,
- Jeff