Re: bash: cat << EOF

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 08:03:34PM -0400, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>Le sam 19 jui 2003 17:27:59 GMT, Larry Hall a tapot? sur son clavier :
>> Looks like your /etc/passwd and /etc/group aren't correct.  Run mkpasswd
>> and mkgroup with the appropriate flags for your installation (i.e. is
>> your user in a domain or not?)
>
>I couldn't get a domain user, but the local entry (copied on login I
>guess) seems to work. Here is the cygcheck.out with updated passwd and
>group, but it doesn't change anything about shells & <<. We won't be
>able to update passwd for every user we will provide cygwin to, anyway.
>
>The problem is somewhere else to my mind, because the "Permission
>denied" error is a fake one for unknown error 59, as the trace revealed.
>I'm still trying to build cygwin myself to get the filename given to the
>NtQueryObject.

This is not a path worth pursuing.  When you run a program via strace,
since strace is not a cygwin program, running programs under strace
makes the process have to go to more effort to figure out its
stdin/stdout/stderr.  So, this is expected behavior and most likely
has no bearing on what you're seeing.

FWIW, to me it sounds like you have more than one version of cygwin
on your system.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org