RE: ImageMagick

Thanks Gerrit,

I thought I had the jpeg lib from cygwin installed and that I needed
something more. Your note prompted me to check again and sure enough, I
didn't have it installed - DUH!! So after installing that - Imagemagick is
now ready to fly with jpeg.

I DL'd your lib's from your link (note that the files want to save as
*.tar.tar as opposed to *.tar.bz2,) renamed them and untarzip'd them into
place. I run Imagemagick configure again and it looks like things are still
broken there:

*snip*
EXIF              --with-exif=yes               no (failed tests)
*snip*

So now I'm trying to rebuild from your sources ...

Administrator@billhome/usr/local/exif-0.6

*snip*

checking for libexif >= 0.5.9... gnome-config: not found
gnome-config: not found
Package libexif was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libexif.pc'
No package 'libexif' found

configure: error: Library requirements (libexif >= 0.5.9) not met; consider
adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in
a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

************

The same for gexif-0.5.

So off I go pouring over doc's and such (actually, now I need to work on
something else for a while and I don't need to chew camera tags at the
moment.) I'll get back to this before too long though.

I'll check the PKG_CONFIG_PATH env var - could that be the whole problem?.
I'm pretty sure I need to use the --enable-shared switch during configure
and I think that means I neither need nor want --enable-static; True? Is
there a specific build order I need to follow or maybe I've yet to install
some other prerequisite?

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Bill