Re: missing exported function from cygwin1.dll

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, H Q wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've looked through all the faqs and have searched the archives, but I can't
> find a resolution.  I downloaded cygwin 1.3.22-1 along with several other
> binaries from the cygwin site using setup.exe.  I have the current versions
> of everything.  Vim and tcsh would not work, with an error indicating that
> the executable file is linked to a missing cygwin1.dll exported function.
> Cygwin1.dll is where it is supposed to be, so I don't think it's a problem
> with vim or tcsh not being able to point to the library.
>
> Otherwise cygwin runs fine, including BASH commands as well as utilities
> such as ed and awk.
>
> I've uninstalled, re-downloaded, and re-installed cygwin 1.3.22-1; no dice.
>
> The /etc/profile file has the appropriate path defined, /bin, /usr/bin,
> /usr/local/bin.  Cygwin1.dll is in /bin where / is the root cygwin
> directory.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
> Thanks

Hmm, exactly which missing function does the error mention?  Also, it's
usually a good idea, when reporting Cygwin problems, to attach the output
of "cygcheck -svr", as indicated in <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/