Re: GPL alert ? http://thinstall.com/unix_tools/

> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 07:52:36AM -0400, Brian.Kelly@Empireblue.com wrote:
> >

> >>Not only that, but this appears to go even further.  By essentially
> >>"compiling" all these GNU utilities into one executable, there's a
> >>violation of the GPL to the extent that the code used to do that does
> >>not appear to be "Open Source".  Double Whammy here.
> >>
> >>And by the way - I AM a lawyer.  (Member of the Michigan Bar
> >>Association in Good Standing).
> >>

> >I noticed that but i was wondering if these were actually cygwin tools.
> >Has anyone verified that?

They're *the* cygwin tools.  I downloaded last week and it link to the source does not appear anywhere (except reference to the
cygwin web site which I don't seem to find today.)   There's no acknowledgement from cygwin whatsoever.

Hmmm...a really flagrant violation of the GPL.

Best Regards,

Carlo
------
Carlo Florendo