Re: 1.5.1: unzip problems with binary files in archive

Christopher Faylor wrote:

I'm getting a strange error from unzip when trying to extract an
archive that contains binary files.  Everything works fine if the
archive contains just text files.

Can't duplicate it. Sorry.

I've since discovered that it has to do with the size of the .zip file, not the contents. Seems like things work for files <= 8k and fail for larger files.

I don't understand.  You provided a test case.  I ran the test case.
It did not fail for me.

I --can-- duplicate it. But I don't know why it happens; I'll have to debug it...but not until after I update to 1.5.1. FWIW, zip does use fdopen().

However, I've just suffered a catastrophic server failure on my home network (server's dead), so it may take a while. It's time to go shopping...

--
Chuck