postgresql, cygwin newbie, issues

Howdy.

I and to run PostgreSQL on Cygwin.  I've found a few differing "guides" of how
to do this, but I'm unable to get any to fit my situation.

I have CYGWIN_NT-5.1 with "all" packages downloaded and installed.  I'm
running XP Pro SP1.  Guides I've found for Postgres+Cygwin tell of running
ipc-daemon, then starting postgres.

I found ipc-daemon2 in the cygipc package (which had to be specifically
selected in cygwin setup, despite my having specified during install that I
wanted everything.

THE PROBLEM: when I run ipc-daemon2, I get a windows error dialog that states:
Title: ipc-daemon2.exe - Entry Point Not Found
Body: The procedure entry point __getreent could not be located in the dynamic
link library cygwin1.dll.

Suggestions?

Incidentally, I find it odd that Postgres is included in Cygwin when it can't
be used, or not without seeking out external packages.

Thanks for any help or pointers to information.

Michael