Re: ncurses and terminal definitions

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 04:47:13PM -0400, Larry Hall wrote:

Hi Terry,

Don't know exactly what accounts for the performance drain you see with
98.  Like you say, could be just a slow machine.  You'd have to debug it
to know for sure.

One point.  /usr/share/terminfo/c/cygwin == c:\usr\share\terminfo\c\cygwin
only if the Cygwin root mount point (/) == c:\.  As you can see, you get
this for free if your current drive is c: but that's not guaranteed.  You
may want to add one step and one binary to your installation procedure.
That is, after plopping the files down where you want them, invoke the
following:

mount -s c:/ /

This will require privileges to write to the system hive of the registry.
If you don't have this right or can't get it, you can omit the '-s' flag,
but the mount will only be available for the current user.  You will need
to repeat the command (minus the '-s') for all the users that need your
application on that machine.  You don't need to leave 'mount' on the
machine after installation.

Larry - mount defaults to "-s" these days.  If you want user-mode mounts,
you need to use "-u".

Heh. Right. Sorry about that.

 I will always consult the documentation before posting.
 I will always consult the documentation before posting.
 I will always consult the documentation before posting.
     .
     .
     .

(Good advice for new users too. ;-) )