Re: loading DLLs created with cygwin into Sun JDK

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 08:59:55PM -0600, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
>Alan Thompson write:
>
>>OK - now you have me confused....
>>If you're not loading DLL's into Java for use with JNI, what are you doing?
>>Also, note that those techniques work for both plain JNI (i.e. java calls
>>into C/C++) as well as the invocation API (where a C/C++ program creates
>>an JVM).
>
>Again, "those techniques" specify use of -mno-cygwin, which worked fine for
>me in my posted example.  The crash happens as the DLL is loaded, not when
>methods are called.
>
>Have you actually tried _not_ using -mno-cygwin?
>
>Also, using 'javah' or not to generate the headers (and making sure
>JNIEXPORT and
>JNICALL are in the header and implementation declarations, and using
>and using -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias makes no difference.  For this simple
>test case, you need to have JNIEXPORT/JNICALL and the
>-Wl,--add-stdcall-alias, or neither to get the test case to work.

I haven't been reading this closely since my eyes immediately crust over
when I see things like JDK or Java (requiring painful application of
a cold chisel for crust removal) but if you are trying to use cygwin dlls
in a non-cygwin process, that won't work.  It used to work in the past,
if you called the right initialization functions in the cygwin dll, but
it has been broken for a while and no one has shown any interest in fixing
the problem.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org