RE: Question regarding problem during uninstall using setup.exe

Rob,

Sorry it has been a looong week ... with quite a number of looong weeks
ahead,
and I misinterpreted your response.

Anyway, I appreciate your responses. I am going to try a preremove script. I
have just checked http://cygwin.com/setup.html
to see if there is any online info about how these work, but I couldn't see
any.

Anyway with the preremove script, I am going to try an unmount first of any
specific mounted dir's prior to the removal of the package.

I am aware (as I subscribe to cygwin-apps) that there is allot of work being
done on setup.exe and cygwin dll (1.5.1) and not being familiar with the
program would take allot of work to get up to speed.

However, I would be more than willing to share my results of the preremove
script, if the unmounting works.

Alan