Re: problems compiling ddd on cygwin

James,

Actually, had you sent that particular make output (and the cygcheck
output) initially to the list, you would have gotten the response you're
getting now from me: one of your problems is that you are missing the
XFree86-prog package that contains the necessary header files, so it
turned out that my original guess was correct (the XFree86 project calls
their -devel package XFree86-prog for some reason).

In the future, to find out which package contains a particular file, you
could use the package search page at <http://cygwin.com/packages/> (just
searching for "X11/Intrinsic.h" -- the first missing header -- showed the
XFree86-prog package).  Hopefully, this gives you enough information to
solve any other problems you might encounter with your endeavour of
compiling ddd.

I've taken the liberty of sending this message to the list (also attaching
your original cygcheck output), so that others in the archives can see
(and, hopefully, benefit from) the closure of this discussion.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu