Re: Cygwin and filtering bug

>(sorry folks, I don't speak Vim)

I know that I should have checked the problem with a pure
console editor. In Vim filtering works regardless of size.

This isn't a big surprise. To read the standard streams
of the called filter, NEdit sets up Xt callbacks
(with XtAppAddInput), see source/shell.c in the NEdit
source tarball.

How big the chunk of output read from the filter is at one
callback, can't be predicted. However, the reading functions
should get called again and again until the streams get closed.
(Needless to say that this works like a charme under Unix.)

--Joerg