Re: 1.5.x goes current on 2003-08-23?

X-Post from cygwin-apps...

gp@familiehaase.de wrote:
Hallo Christopher,

Am Samstag, 2. August 2003 um 17:23 schriebst du:

I'd like to shoot for making 1.5.x the current release on
2003-08-23.  Are there any obstacles to that goal?

I am still unable to build Perl and I haven't found the problem yet.
I'm seeking for volunteers to help tracking down this problem.

If someone is interested to help, start with release candidate 3 for
perl-5.8.1:
http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=03/07/31/0813206&mode=thread&tid=6

Gerrit,

Perl-5.8 is not working at all on WinME and, despite my best efforts, I am unable to debug the problem because the "race" condition happens before the dubugger can hook. As Jason points out in the release notes, even after being rebased, Python cannot pass any of the threads or forking tests. I'm out of idea, so as a minor representative of people who may still be using WinME, I kindly request that you provide a rebuid of perl-5.6.x againt 1.5.1 (still marked as previous of course).

Also, for 5.8.1, can you turn back on MakeMaker's bzipping of manpages, like you had during the 5.8.0RC's? You might also considier targeting /usr/share/man, as that is what we are hoping to transition to...

Cheers