Re: Directory problems after fresh install of v1.3.22-1

David Balazic wrote:
> Hi !
> I just installed cygwin by downloading and running setup.exe as the
> administrator
> on my win2000pro-sp3 system.
> The vew page says : Latest Cygwin DLL release version is 1.3.22-1
>
> In the setup wizard, I choose install for all users, root dir : X:\cygwin
>
> After the installation finished, i started the start menu entry for
> "Cygwin Bash Shell" pointing to "X:\cygwin\cygwin.bat"
>
> This is what happened in the window that appeared :
>
> bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!
> bash-2.05b$ mount
> bash: mount: command not found
> bash-2.05b$ pwd
> /usr/bin
> bash-2.05b$ cd /usr
> bash: cd: /usr: No such file or directory
> bash-2.05b$ cd ..
> bash: cd: ..: No such file or directory
>

> I am confused.
> Is this normal behavior ?

Cygcheck -svr output, please. (http://cygwin.com/problems.html)

If you can't run cygcheck -svr from the bash prompt, try it by full Windows
path from cmd.exe.

If all else fails, a regedit export of "HKLM/Software/Cygnus
Solutions/Cygwin" and the same from HKCU might help.

Max.