Re: Install 1.3.22-1 problem - default text file type - DOS

You need to rebuild byacc changing O_BINARY to O_TEXT and
"rb"/"wb" to "rt"/"wt" for open/fopen calls.

Larry

Francis Harvey wrote:

Greetings,

I realize most people may not be familiar with the byacc package, but
it can't hurt to ask.  I would like to alter the behavior of byacc to
make the file pointer yyin use this "text" mode by default.  I can
always reopen the pointer myself in the correct mode, but it would be
nice to know whether or not there is an option to already accomplish
this.  For now, I will assume I have to reopen the pointer to take
advantage of the technique below.

Francis R. Harvey III
WB303, x3952
harveyf1@westat.com

VB programmers know the wisdom of Nothing