Re: Bug in make?

IP> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 02:27:02PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
IP> This could well be a bug in make.  I'll take a look at the make source
IP> later to see whether there's something obvious.

CF> You might want to hop over to the gnu web site and check out the make
CF> mailing list to see if this is a known problem.

I looked at the bug tracking list on savannah and didn't see any open
bugs relating to this issue.  I just tried searching bug-make@gnu.org
but didn't find anything relevant.  There were a lot of (old) posts
about an unrelated echo suppression bug in define/endef sequences in
3.79 which made it difficult to be sure.

I didn't send the message to bug-make because a) the identical
makefile behaves as expected on our local GNU/Linux box (with make
3.80) and b) I had the vague impression that cygwin make was modified
enough that Paul Smith (make maintainer) would just bounce it back
here.

I'll post the original bug report to make-w32 and see what they say.

Thanks,
--
Robert