Re: postgres help

Jason House wrote:

I've gone through all the steps to set up postgreSQL on windows XP. I
have updated permissions (to /tmp /usr/bin /usr/bin/*), verified the system path variable, and verified that ipc and postmaster services have been started. I don't understand why I'm getting the following error:

$ psql -U postgres template1
psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

The error does not change if I log in as myself or as postgres.
Any hints as to what to try would be greatly appreciated.

At the risk of looking for the obvious, did you run createdb and check that the created database files have the correct permissions?

Regards,
Ken