Re: parallel make

This is starting to sound promising.  I hope others have similar
experiences.

Unfortunately I cannot just take make and the cyg dll.  The problem comes
in with how different utils interpret drive paths:

our old gnu:  //c/...
perl: c:/...
cyg:  /cygdrive/c/... (we mount NFS exports, hence the drive notation)...

So, we basically need to move things from the inside out rather than start
patching things on the outside of the system, eventually getting to the
core.  This makes the migration pretty expensive, so I would like to see
more cases before making the resource justification case.  If it's a set
of production machines, no problem, but the change would have to occur on
all development workstations.

I highly appreciate everyone's help because I think this is the only forum
I could ever get such kind of feedback.

-- rich