Worrying openssh behaviour

Hi,

I've had cygwin installed for a while on my Windows XP box and it's been
great. However, today I installed a personal firewall (Kerio Personal
Firewall to be exact) and I noticed some worrying behaviour with openssh.

When using the openssh client to connect to my linux box, it correctly
opened a TCP connection to the server on port 22.

However, it also seemed to open a local socket for listening. On each key
press, the ssh.exe process seemed to connect to itself, handle the
keypress and open another socket on a different port to listen again.

This behaviour seems very strange and I was worried in case this might be
a trojan or something? But it seems weird that it is listening on
localhost and receiving connections from itself.

If you could throw any light on this weirdness I'd be really grateful. It
doesn't appear to happen when using PuTTY, so I'm inclined to believe its
not a system wide keylogger or anything. The version of my ssh is as
follows:

$ ssh -V
OpenSSH_3.6.1p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090702f

thanks in advance,
Matt.