Re: [Fwd: Re: perl test fails]

Rob Clack wrote:
> Well I thought maybe I'd better just try setting $CYGWIN, even though it
> didn't seem relevant (I don't  have "..problems with NT shares or Samba
> drives..", since the script reliably breaks when run from a local,
> non-shared drive) and indeed, it made no difference.  Unless there's
> some special way I should be setting it.  I just entered
> CYGWIN=nosmbntsec at the dollar prompt.
>
> OK, so if I assume by the silence that -x is broken, can anyone suggest
> how I can determine in a perl script whether or not a file is executable?

The `-x' operator WFM.  Does, say, this script fail for you (make sure perl
is *actually* executable) ?

  #!/usr/bin/perl

  if (-x "/usr/bin/perl") {
    print "yupp, perl is executable.\n";
  } else {
    print "ut-oh! perl isn't executable.\n";
  }

If you haven't already posted cygcheck[1] output, that might help, and also
post your script (I couldn't find it in my archives).  Sorry if you've
already done this.

-- Elfyn

[1] non-inline, plain-text attachment, as per <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>