Re: all apps crash at startup with current CVS checkout of cygwin

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 12:06:28PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >                                                 ^^
> >                                                 **
> >>>
> >>$ addr2line -e cygwin1.dll 6107BF59
> >>/home/RLandheer/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin/../../../../src/winsup/cygwin/sync.cc:75
> >>
> >>just in case it helps :)
>
> Any word on this?  cygcheck output?  Full addr2line decoding of stack
> trace?  gdb back trace of crash?
>
> Out of curiousity, has anyone else seen this?

Nope.  Out of the ten machines I run Cygwin on at work (2000/XP Pro with
1.5.2/1.5.3s/CVS) I havn't seen anything like this.

Though come to think of it I was seeing a strange problem with sourcenav,
a month or so back, where running any cygwin program (from within sourcenav)
would result in a SEGV (e.g., `grep' and `cvs').  Never even attempted to
investigate it.  (Probably should have at least mentioned it here)

Just putting that out there in case it might help, probably won't in any case
as the machine in question was really crapped out, anyway.

--
Elfyn McBratney

|                 Software Patents in Europe                 |
| On September 1st 2003 the European Parliment will make a   |
| decision about establishing a new law which would allow    |
| software patents in Europe.  This means that Europe's      |
| programmers and citizens alike could face considerable     |
| risk.                                                      |
| Unlike copyright, patents can block independent creations! |
| Software patents can render software copyright useless.    |
| One copyrighted work can be covered by hundreds of patents |
| of which the author doesn't even know but for whose        |
| infringement he and his users can be sued.  Some of these  |
| patents may be impossible to work around, because they are |
| broad or because they are part of communication standards. |
| What can you do to help?  FFII/Eurolinux are organising    |
| activities in and near the parliment to bring about an     |
| interdisciplinary discussion in a field which has for too  |
| long been dominated by industrial patent lawyers.          |