setup crashes after checking md5 for gcc...

it`s my first time using cygwin;
at first i found an older installer (v2.249.2.5) and some packages on a
drive
in our lan; so i tried it with the old one installer and it works...
after using cygwin i recognized, that a compiler is missing and
so i downloaded hardly the whole packages and store it on this drive for
software
in our lan. then i try to install cygwin local ... the older
installer(setup.exe)
crashes with a msg: runtime error ... abnormal programm termination

so i downloaded the new installer (v2.340.2.5) from cygwin.com
and first it looks better ... untill it checks for md5Sum of gcc 3.2-3
after that setup finishes(crashes) without an msg

anybody wants to help me...?

OS: winNT SP5