Re: basename(), dirname(), what happened?

Shankar Unni wrote:

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:

("At least there's a big company behind it that has the (legal) responsability for the quality of the program..")

ROTFLMAO.

What legal responsibility? I hope you have pointed these fine folks to the appropriate sections of the so-called "License Agreements" (i.e. "we agree that you will accept these terms, or you won't use the program"), which specifically shirks all responsibility for any and all mayhem caused by the program..

They may not have the responsibility of the mayhem that is caused but I think they can still be held responsible for basic product liability like "works as advertised". IOW the consumer should be able to expect that a tire will "work" on his car. Now we all know that some tires will fail due to problems and generally tire companies will replace the tire however they are not responsible for the mayhem that may have resulted (unless some smart lawyer can prove negligence).