Re: Postinstall script error

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Tomasz Rojek wrote:

> > Probably your the cygwin1.dll was not unloaded when you've done the
> > setup.
> Maybe, but why?

If you had Cygwin processes running, cygwin1.dll was locked and could not
be replaced by setup.  As a result, you got newer apps installed, but
tried running them with an older cygwin1.dll, which was missing some
functions.

> > Remark : don't forget to stop cygwin services (sshd, ...)
> None was running.
>
> I tried another thing: I have a local package directory, where I keep all the cygwin
> packages I download. Normally when I wanted to uninstall something and after some tine i
> installed it once again the installer worked without any problems. Now i tried to
> reinstall all the base category - the error messages appeared again. They were:
>
> sh.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>
> The procedure entry point __getedid32 could not be located in the dynamic library
> cygwin1.dll.
>
> What now?

Reboot.  Setup uses the "replace on reboot" flag if it's unable to
overwrite a file.  If you reboot, your cygwin1.dll should be updated to
the newer version.  If not, please get back to the list with the output of
"cygcheck -svr" as an uncompressed text *attachment* (as indicated in
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/