Re: DDD 3.3.5 success

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 04:43:48PM +0200, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 09:29:10AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 10:59:06AM +0200, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
>>>Personally, I'm not that interested in ddd, but next time, before going
>>>through packaging, I will ask on the -apps list whether the package
>>>will be vetoed..  just to make sure I don't package for nothing.  (No
>>>hard feelings, though :)
>>In other words, you intend to follow the proper procedure.  Always a
>>good thing whether you're talking about cygwin or not.
>
>Ehm..  http://cygwin.com/setup.html starts its "Submitting a package"
>section with: "So you've got a package you want to submit." (OK, so the
>first point after that is "Propose on cygwin-apps@cygwin.com that you
>are interested in becoming a package maintainer for package foo." ...)

i.e., it does not say that you should build the package first.  It says
that you should propose becoming a package maintainer.  It makes sense
to ask first because, my veto not withstanding, there is no guarantee
that you will get enough votes for the package to be included in the
cygwin distribution.  It's not a rubber stamp.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org