RE: Newby: setting up SSH

Hi, I think your WAG is right, it is asking for a password now.  I don't know what has changed but it used to ask my for a passphrase.
Could you tell me what to make of this output and why it doesn't use my keys?  Another question, where do I have to generate keys on the client or a server.  I've generated them on a client (Linux box) and move the key over to the server (Windows box) is that OK?  I have generated an RSA key for SSH 1.3.

Here is the verbose output: (I have substituted the real IP addresses with something like mywindowsIP etc.)

ssh -v -i /root/.ssh/identity myusername@myLinuxIP
OpenSSH_3.1p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be trusted.
debug1: restore_uid
debug1: ssh_connect: getuid 0 geteuid 0 anon 1
debug1: Connecting to MyWindowsIP [MyWindowsIP] port 22.
debug1: temporarily_use_uid: 0/0 (e=0)
debug1: restore_uid
debug1: temporarily_use_uid: 0/0 (e=0)
debug1: restore_uid
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/identity type 0
debug1: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version OpenSSH_3.1p1
debug1: match: OpenSSH_3.1p1 pat OpenSSH*
Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.1p1
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_GROUP
debug1: dh_gen_key: priv key bits set: 130/256
debug1: bits set: 1566/3191
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_INIT sent
debug1: Host 'myWindowsIP' is known and matches the RSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts:1
debug1: bits set: 1540/3191
debug1: kex_derive_keys
debug1: newkeys: mode 1
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: waiting for SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: newkeys: mode 0
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: done: ssh_kex2.
debug1: send SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST
debug1: service_accept: ssh-userauth
debug1: got SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interacti
ve
debug1: next auth method to try is publickey
debug1: next auth method to try is keyboard-interactive
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interacti
ve
debug1: next auth method to try is password
myusername@myWindowsIP's password:

Can you see why it asks me for a password even though it found an identity file?

Thanks
N.K.