Re: bash.exe doesn't launch correctly

Robert Sample wrote:

Dear Cygwin Developers:

I have downloaded and installed version 1.5.3-1 on two different Windows XP SP1 machines. All was working correctly. However, after installing the patch from Microsoft to plug the hole(s) that created RPC problems, I now cannot launch a Bash shell.

On clicking the Cygwin icon, a shell appears for about one second and then is dismissed. Sometimes a cmd.exe process is left running and sometimes it is not.

Since my laptop has not development environment other than the GNU goodies supplied by Cygwin, I am unable to debug to try and isolate the problem.

Has anyone else noticed this problem after installing the RPC patch from Microsoft?

Regards,
Robert Sample

What happens when you start a cmd.exe shell then type in C:\Cygwin\bin\bash --login -i?
Obligatory witty saying: I've had amnesia for as long as I can remember.