Event ID: 0
Date: 9/11/2003
Time: 3:23:08 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: ADEFARIA
cron : PID 3856 : starting service `cron' failed: execv: 1, Operation not permitted

And

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Apache
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 9/11/2003
Time: 3:27:26 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: ADEFARIA
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Apache ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Apache : PID 4000 : starting service `Apache' failed: execv: 1, Operation not permitted.

I looked through the list and didn't find anything that helped me.

(BTW: Interestingly enough, I no longer have a /usr/doc/Cygwin/cron.README!)

Obligatory witty saying: Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.