Pre 1.5.3-1 static libs

After building my own cygwin1.dll with debugging info, I think I figured
out my problem with xfree devel and Cygwin 1.5.3-1 here:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-09/msg00204.html

The Xt library is a pre 1.5.3-1 static one.  It calls stat.  At link time,
my test app links with Xt and its stat call is redirected to stat64
incorrectly, thus corrupting the stack.

This appears true indeed via gdb and my debugable cygwin1.dll.  Even so,
could one of the more knowledgeable developers confirm my suspicion.

If confirmed, a short note to cygwin-apps may be in order, adding packages
containing static libraries that make system calls whose arguments have
changed size to the list of ASAP rebuilds.

Thanks for listening.

(Wish I would have helped make this a compile time, rather than link time
feature.  Lazy me.)

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer