Re: grep.exe - Unable to locate DLL

"Ronald Landheer-Cieslak" <blytkerchan@users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message 20030915095136.GC14545@linux_rln.harvest">news:20030915095136.GC14545@linux_rln.harvest...
> Could you please tell me what kind of problem you had with the libpcre package?
>
> Thanks,
>
> rlc (Cygwin pcre maintainer)

First of all, now the problem is solved.

Here is a brief story of the problem.
1. I updated (download and installed) several packages.

 After that :
2. I had the following problem.
    When a Cygwin window started the message box appeared :
    ------ grep.exe : Unable To Locale DLL ------
   The dynamic link library cygpcre.dll could not be found
   in the specified patch ...
   The same message box appeared when I ran 'grep' or 'more' utilities.

   I found out that :
   2.1) Output of 'cygcheck -c' contained the row
          --------------------------------
          libpcre    4.1-1   Incomplete
          --------------------------------

   2.2) However, 'libpcre' was contained in the chooser window in View 'Up To Date'.

3. What I did was :
    3.1. I uninstalled  'libpcre' via View 'Up To Date' (I changed "Keep" to "Uninstall").
    3.2. After that, I downloaded 'libpcre' from Internet and installed it from Local Directory.

Now I have no problem with 'libpcre'.

P.S. But I have a similar problem with 'cygkpathsea'
When I open the Cygwin window I have got the following error message box:

------ kpsewhich.exe - Unable to locate DLL -----
The dynamic link library cygkpathsea-3-3-7 dll could not be found
in the specified patch ...

However, I don't know which package contains 'cygkpathsea'.

Regards,

   Alex Vinokur
     mailto:alexvn@connect.to