RE: ssh login with [rd]sa key, permissions on keyfile problems

Hello Corinna

> > > Is your home directory on an SMB share?  If so, you may
> > > need to add "smbntsec" to your CYGWIN environment variable.
> > Yes it is - so to speak. It's on a Windows Server 2003
> > Share, not on Samba.
> Does your CYGWIN env. variable contain "nontsec"?

No, it does not:

$ echo $CYGWIN
binmode ntsec tty

Is this the solution, "nontsec" instead of "ntsec"? My fault, then;
never took the time or thought it to be important enough to read about
the CYGWIN variable. I'll do this right now. Thanks for pointing me in
the right direction.

Regards
Fermin