Bug in Bash 2.05b.0(13) with nt-emacs

Please accept this fairly brief, bug report.

I'm using GNU Emacs 21.3.1 on Windows2000 (not the cygwin build)
I'm using cygwins bash 2.05b.0(13) command as my explicit-shell-command from within emacs and have c:\cygwin\bin in my path.

This previously allowed me to use bash as the shell from within emacs.
After an cygwin upgrade, this no longer worked. Bash would start, but I could not use any other shell commands (ie. ls) internal bash commands such as 'cd' did seem to work.

Changing my explicit-shell-command to be cygwin's sh command  works as bash used to.
Using eshell also seems to be a viable alternative.

I don't subscribe to this list, and am not entirely sure that this is the most appropriate place to submit bugs.
If I can provide further information, please contact me directly. Otherwise thanks to the cygwin developers for the work they've done so far in providing a *nix like environment in the windows wilderness.

--
David Maslen
Solution Designer