Re: Minor annoyance : symbolic links and Windows shortcuts

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 02:37:29PM +0200, jurgen.defurne@philips.com wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I noticed this before, but since the solution is simple,
> > though a little bit annoying, I did not mention it.
> >
> > I think this is also only an issue for people who use
> > cygwin from a shared drive, and the shared drive
> > comes from Samba, not native Windows.
> >
> > Anyhow, I have to recreate manually all symbolic
> > links, and I have to delete all Windows shortcuts
> > from my directories, because they do not work.
>
> Can you elaborate on this?  What means they "don't work"?  I can create
> symlinks on my samba share fine and they also work so the above is not
> very useful information.  Magic formula: "Simple testcase".
>
> Corinna

It would be helpful if Jurgen posted the output of getfacl on both the
working and the non-working links.  I suspect this could be the same
problem as the one reported earlier, with shortcuts on SMB drives not
having the proper readonly attribute.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/