Re: Setup cant open package database error?

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 04:18:38PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> Setup doesn't overwrite /etc/setup/installed.db in place.  Instead it
> creates /etc/setup/installed.db.new, writes the necessary content to it,
> then removes /etc/setup/installed.db and renames the .new file.  I'm
> guessing the remove operation fails for you -- check the Windows ACLs on
> /etc/setup, is your user allowed to delete files?

not sure how to check the Windows ACLs on the files. i'm running
Windows 2000 and cygwin is installed on a FAT32 partition. using
getfacl, it looks as though i have write permission on the directory
and the installed.db files. the DOS "cacls" command doesnt print
out anything when i try and examine the acls assigned to these
files.

is there another way to check ACLs?
or is the fact that im running from a FAT32 partition causing
some of these problems?

--tim