Is multithreaded profiling on cygwin possible?

Firstly, apologies for repeated postings to the gmane cygwin newsgroup, I thought they were bounced.

If I profile my multi-threaded application, it appears that only the main thread is profiled.

On linux, it is possible to save and set the virtual timer upon creation of each thread, and thereby get a decent profile.
However the virtual timer is unavailable on cygwin, and I would imagine that this approach is incorrect,
due to differing thread models.