Re: Future of OpenGL package (Earnie, please read this)

I think we waited long enough for freeglut and some update of GLUT and GLUI is overdue.

FreeGLUT has certainly gained momentum in recent months, but I sould say that GLUT will still be needed for a while. I recently suggested to the FreeGLUT list that GL/freeglut.h should be used, rather than colliding with GL/glut.h --- as a "migration path" so that GLUT and FreeGLUT could be packaged side by side without conflicts or confusion. If you have an opinion on that I suggest you chime ni.

	Just to let you know, I am acting as caretaker for GLUI
	at the moment:

http://www.nigels.com/glt/glui/

	I am thinking of doing a 2.3 release later this year,
	nothing major, mainly fixing minor irritations.  If there
	are any GLUI forks out there, it would be nice to merge
	them back...

	(I also have a bunch of contributed patches which I'll
	need to evaluate for inclusion)

Nigel