RE: Cygwin_setup.exe comments...

<NOTE smiley>

Robert Collins said:
> Please do, before you redesign from scratch.

Ehrm? Is this to be ironic or some such? :-}
Sorry to disappoint you if so; my language skills doesn't cover that :-p -
and secondarily; I'm not likely to have the time to do the redesign alone
;-)

> Setup is not factored out into a solid MVC or equivalent framework
> today, and we are slowly working towards that.

MVC - Model, View, Controller - VEYR NICE. THANK YOU!!
 This very moment you put a name onto something that I have been
contemplating all alone 'on my chamber'. My B.Sc. classes did NOT cover this
kind of stuff (e.g. GUI creation) - not very strange really as they were
more hardware oriented.

 Do you (anybody else?) mind elaborating this a bit, maybe better off list?
My peculiar email address DOES work, just send away, I'll be eagerly
listening/reading.

PLEASE NOTE:
I'm not asking/expecting you to *teach* me!
Please, just take a few minutes and tell me those tiny bits and pieces that
makes it possible for me to get some kind of a grip of the concept, what
tools/books/... there are or you know about - and so on...

One more PLEASE: words and acronyms that are fit for *googling*

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59°16.37'N, 17°12.60'E
-- UTC+01, DST -> UTC+02  --

e.g. I wonder about:
 - Are you using some specific tool for setup?
 - If not, please give me some hints(pointers) on how you do it.
 - Are there free/GPL/LGPL/BSD tools to do this?
 - Names of commercial software?
 - There seems to be a stale project on sf.net (xmtpp below, 10KB file),
   do you know anything about it?
   (Registered: 2000-10-30 05:27, last file date Nov 6, 2000)
 - j-struts/MVC 2 seems to be a web/java adaption... good reading?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=MVC+%2Bframework

 =>

http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/users/smarch/st-docs/mvc.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmtpp