Re: Domain Users

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 04:55:18PM -0400, Boris Mayer-St-Onge wrote:

> 1- From what I understand, this problem occur only since version 1.5.x
> of cygwin.  Is that right?

Yes, but see below.

> 2- Is it possible to install a older version of cygwin (we have all the
> file of version 1.3.22-1 except the setup.exe).  When we try to install
> cygwin with the setup.exe from the web page and with the files from a
> local directory, we have errors.  Is it possible to have an older
> version of setup.exe?

The message is not produced by cygwin itself by by the /etc/profile
script, which you can easily edit to remove the section of code that
checks the group name. It's just a warning, nothing bad will happen as
long as you don't try to use features (e.g. chown and various services)
that require a complete /etc/passwd. I would recommend doing that rather
than trying to go back in time.

Pierre