Re: Setup Hangs in XFree86-bin-icons.sh

Laurence,

This is a generic Cygwin problem, not related to XFree86. The problem is that cygpath hangs when called from a shell launched by setup.exe. This problem has been reported many times before. It started happening about a month or two ago. For a more detailed description, see my post below:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-10/msg00049.html

Nobody seems interested in fixing this, myself included, so it will most likely remain broken.

Harold

L. D. Marks wrote:

This is probably something that you already know, but
in case you don't there are some problems in XFree86-bin-icons.sh.
On my XP, it hangs. I went through various permutations,
e.g. deleting the scripts from /etc/postinstall,
/etc/preremove and /usr/X11R6/bin and reinstalling stuff without
finding anything that works (short of completely removing this
package). For reference, the date on the script is 9/29/2003.

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2225 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University