uw-imap tmail problem: "Unexpected file locking failure: Invalidargument"

Hi!

I've been a happy cygwin user for many years, and recently decided to give uw-imap a shot, as I need a centralized e-mail storage for our home WLAN.

I've got imapd running through inetd, and I've gotten fetchmail to poll my POP3 account.
However, the feeding to tmail fails, apparently in the flock() implementation.

Here are the last lines of output from "fetchmail -v -v":

fetchmail: about to deliver with: /bin/tmail -D 'robert'
#*******delivering to robert+INBOX
Verifying safe delivery to /var/mail/robert by UID 1003
unix appending to #driver.unix/INBOX (directory /var/mail/robert)
Unexpected file locking failure: Invalid argument
Unexpected file locking failure: Invalid argument
[... this runs forever, a new line every 5 seconds]

Does anyone recognize this problem? I've scanned my local docs, the web and cygwin mailing lists, but nothing can point me to an indication of what's wrong.

When I break, my /var/mail folder looks thus: (/var/mail/robert is empty)

drwxrwxrwx+   3 robert   None            0 Oct 14 19:53 .
drwxrwxrwx+   9 robert   None            0 Oct 14 01:34 ..
drwx------+   2 robert   None            0 Oct 14 19:53 robert
-rw-rw-rw-    1 robert   None            0 Oct 14 19:53 robert.lock

Deleting the lock makes no difference.
I've tried rebuilding tmail, no difference.
My CYGWIN=ntsec.  I'm running Cygwin 1.5.5-1.
I've tried granting all Full Control to myself and Everyone.

Here's my .fetchmailrc:

set logfile /var/log/fetchmail.log
# set invisible
set no bouncemail
poll "mail.chello.no"
protocol pop3
username "rschmidt@chello.no" password "xxxxxxx" is "robert"
fetchall
keep
no stripcr  # these lines were needed to
forcecr      # avoid a "LF only" warning from tmail
fetchlimit 1
mda "/bin/tmail -D %T"

Any suggestions are welcome!

Best regards,