Re: Cygwin installer & resizable windows

Eljay,

Please don't send personal e-mail with Cygwin questions unless
specifically requested.  All Cygwin-related inquiries should go to the
appropriate list (in this case, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>).  This way you
get access to more expertise than any one person can provide, and your
question and the answers to it end up in the archives so others can
avoid asking the same question.  I'm redirecting this to the list and
setting Reply-To accordingly.

More replies inline below.

Yes.  See <http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html>.

> My single biggest annoyance with the installer is having a postage-stamp
> sized window on my 1600x1200 monitor.  And it would take about 10
> minutes to make the window resizable (including anchoring the controls).
>
> Thanks,
> John "Eljay" Love-Jensen

You should be aware that a resizeable chooser *is* being actively worked
upon (see the cygwin-apps@ archives), and that there are some obstacles.
However, if you do succeed in making the window resizeable, please
consider sharing the changes (in the form of a patch) on either the
cygwin@ or the cygwin-apps@ list.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/