Re: Accessing files under rsync-process

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, L.-I. Porges wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've installed Cygwin on a WindowsNT-machine and it works fine.
> Now I want to transfer files using rsync to a Linux-machine. This
> also works quite well. There's only one problem, that I am not
> able to access some of the files and directories using rsync.
>
> A 'ls -l' shows me in such cases, that the rights are not set (in
> Unix-style) - but I am able to do a 'cd <directory name>' and
> a 'cat <file name>'. If such cd- and cat-commands are working
> well, why I am not able to access this files and directories using
> rsync and how can I access them using rsync?

It would probably help if you posted the output of getfacl <file name>.
Also, please take a look at http://www.cygwin.com/problems.html for the
proper way to post a report (hint: attachment).

My WAG, rsync isn't looking at the extended ACL info.  Search the list
archives for access().

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer