Re: cygwin1.dll missing getreent and fopen

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:53:57 -0400 (EDT), "Igor Pechtchanski"
<pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> said:
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, synthespian wrote:

Sadly, I can't include this output, as I can't run any cygwin command at
all - they all depend on cygwin1.dll being sane.
The output I can get before it crashes is as follows:

E:\cygwin\bin>cygcheck -svr

Cygwin Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Fri Oct 17 15:06:36 2003

Windows 2000 Professional Ver 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4

        D:\WIN2K
        D:\WIN2K\System32\Wbem

E:\cygwin\bin\id.exe output (nontsec)

Followed by the now familiar message about not finding __getreentrant()

> FWIW, it looks like you have another copy of cygwin1.dll in your path.
> Also, your PATH has wrong separators (if it's a Windows path, it should
> have ';'s, and if it's a Unix path, it should have POSIX directories).
> 	Igor
> P.S.  FYI, Cygwin ignores LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and the DLLs are found using
> the value of PATH.
> --
> 				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
>       |\      _,,,---,,_              pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
> ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_            igor@watson.ibm.com
>      |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'                Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
>     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!
>
> "I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his
> route
> to the bathroom is a major career booster."  -- Patrick Naughton
>
> --

  Misha Gale
  mishagale@fastmail.fm