sshd and cat

Hi All

Today is the first time I am using cygwin in my XP.

I am trying to run cat and it says command not found
Also when I try to start sshd it fails not finding /etc/sshd_config
file
The third thing I just noticed I can't copy using my mouse.

Would you please help me finding the missing components for all the
above three two work ?

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal